I have an answer and a solution to that question. Let me do all the work for you. Scroll to the bottom of the page and see how easy it is.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Menu for the Week of August 29 to August 31

Monday, August 29
BLT Salad

I absolutely love the idea of changing a favorite sandwich into a favorite salad. This salad contains all of the traditional BLT "sandwich" ingredients. You'll find plenty of bacon, lettuce, and tomato in every bite. And you can bet that I didn't forget the bread, except you'll find it in JUMBO crouton form. Finish it all off with a wonderful, creamy basil dressing.

Tuesday, August 30
Honey-Lime Chicken Fajitas
Grilled Guacamole
Spicy Lime Corn Dressing

Fajitas are always sizzling, satisfying, and pretty-dang-fun-to-eat. These fajitas are no exception. The powerful marinade of lime juice and honey gives the chicken tons of flavor. I'll do everything but grill the chicken. Then, the fun begins! Start with soft flour tortillas, add some spicy lime corn dressing, perfectly grilled chicken, monterrey jack cheese, and top it off with a delicious grilled guacamole.

Wednesday, August 31
Buffalo Chicken "French Dip" Sandwiches
Cool Cucumber Salad

It's always fun to get my "creative juices" flowing, and this creation was simply a blast to design. I started by deconstructing classic Buffalo wings and the traditional "French Dip." The sandwich starts with a delightful chicken salad topped with bright, crisp shredded lettuce, placed on a soft, tender bun. Next, I bring in the "French Dip" element and provide a Hot Wing Dipping Sauce. So, the "hot" is all in the dip. As a side, you'll find a cool, crisp cucumber salad to balance out all the spice. An outstanding combination, this sandwich is just so much fun to eat.

I know that hot wing sauce isn't everyone's cup of tea, so I also provide a substitute in an extremely flavorful, homemade, balsamic-based barbecue sauce.

No comments: